Poppy Belle, Durham Florist
I love how wedding trends are always evolving and changing. Studying and trying new decor and arrangements are a love of mine. One trend that has really caught my eye (and one that I would love to see make its way into the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill wedding scene) is the use of hoops. These are not your grandmother’s normal embroidery hoops. Poppy Belle, Durham florist, is here to share with you how you might incorporate the hoops trend into your wedding day design.
- Maybe you are looking for a unique take on a bouquet for your wedding day. Taking an embroidery hoop, a florist can cover the hoop with a variety of florals and greenery to create an eye catching and remarkable bouquet. It also has the added benefit of being easy to carry and can easily set on your arm, in case you need it.
- Backdrops and Hanging Decor
- Another way to incorporate hoops into your wedding day is into wall decor, like the one on the picture above. Thinking of the ceremony side of things, you might create a beautiful and eye-catching backdrop of hoops with a variety of sizes. At the reception, you can create a focal point that draws the guests eye to places like the cake table or sweetheart table. The center of the hoops can be covered with wire, thread, fabric, etc. to create a unique touch and beautiful photography.
- Like backdrops and hanging decor, another way to incorporate hoops is with chandelier-like pieces. Use of greenery and Christmas lights can help define the center of the dance floor. For an outdoor wedding, you might think about hanging a variety of hoops from trees to create a “Secret Garden” like atmosphere.
- Seating Charts, Table Numbers, and Other Unique Details
- I have seen a variety of ways to have your seating chart displayed: mirrors, chalkboards, wooden features, etc. You can also use a hoop as a way to get people to their seats. Having a hoop seating chart can then tie into smaller hoops with table numbers and other unique table scape features that tie your theme together.
As a Durham florist, in my consultations, I really urge my brides to see the importance of cohesiveness. Creating the same look and style from end to end. Thinking flowers, colors, shapes, metallics, etc. Use of hoops can be a cohesive unit, tying the wedding together from ceremony to reception. Check out this Pinterest search on a variety of decor ideas involving this trend. Poppy Belle, Durham Florist, would love to talk and work with you to use the trend of hoops in your wedding. Stay tuned for next week as we talk about more bouquet alternatives. Contact us today!