Do you want to have a show stopping wedding but don’t want to go into mega debt?
We feel you! As Durham florist for over a decade, Poppy Belle Floral Design has seen it all and we are here to tell you the best ways to cut back costs for your wedding.
Photo compliments of : Ariel Kaitlin Photography
1. Ditch Favors. More often then not favors are forgotten by guest or disregarded. That small step of removing the limited gift per person you’d be surprised how much you save and with basically no loss!
2. Limit your guest list. I know this seems impossible but it is THE BEST way to save money. If you are having a Wedding in Raleigh NC or if you are having a Wedding in Durham NC: You will at bare minimum will be spending $150 a head. Think about how many people in your life you would like to spend $150 for a Birthday present. This might help you get a different perspective.
Photo by: Brittani Halbert Photography
3. Unpopular opinion don’t do an exit. Often by the time you are doing your exit most of your guest will have left. Instead of spending the money on sparklers, bubbles etc. just do a group shot of all those who stayed with you till the end! No extra costs and all the same fun!
4. Buffet or stations instead of Plated. While the process and progression of dinner will be slower the costs per head of your guests will be less and one of the largest prices per guest is going to be food and beverage.
Photographer: Samantha Floyd Photography
5. Going midweek! While this does not effect many of your cost, such as florals, this can allow you a chance at getting the venue of your dreams but with not the price tag! Many Venues have discounted rates for Mondays or Thursdays!
Photo taken by : Photographs by Stephanie
Want to hear more? Contact me for a consultation and we can discuss how to make the most of your wedding!