ABOUT YOUR HEART & SOUL FLORAL DESIGN
Put your heat & soul into expressing yourself. Choose this arrangement to reflect your unique personality and thoughts on any and every special occasion. Poppy Belle will provide a piece of art that says it all for you.
Disclosure: Each arrangement is different and the flowers that you’ll receive will depend upon the season.
Where Did Our Name Poppy Belle Come From?
Well, there are a bunch of reasons, get it, ‘bunch’? First and foremost, Poppy & Belle are my my daughters’ nicknames. And I pour copious amounts of love into them, just as I do my business. The poppy flower is used as a symbol of imagination, messages delivered in dreams, beauty, success, luxury, extravagance, and even peace in death. The poppy flower is entrenched in cultural significance and here are some examples…
- The Ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians connected poppies with sleep because of the sedative nature of its sap. In particular, the Greeks related the flower to Morpheus, the god of sleep.
- Victorians attributed numerous meanings to the flower, most of which varied depending on the color. It was most commonly used to represent loss, extravagance, and deep sleep.
- Eastern cultures, specifically the Japanese and Chinese cultures, view the poppy as a representation of passionate love in a couple.
- The poppy is a common symbol that has been used to represent everything from peace to death and even simply sleep. When used on tombstones, poppies represent eternal sleep. This symbolism was referenced in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, in which a mystical poppy field could make the characters sleep forever.
- When used in wartime commemorations, red poppies in particular are believed to represent respect and solemnity for fallen soldiers.
And Belle. That means beautiful in French. No need to expand on that.